Monday, 17 May 2010

Kensington Festival report

It was great to meet Michelle and her mum at the show - they are really good customers, and I have written their address on parcels many times!! 

Back home now and shattered after 4 hard days at the festival. Thursday we travelled down from Yorkshire and in the evening went to the Town Hall and set up most of Bob's stand. Nikki arrived a little while after us with masses of stuff to fit on her 3 foot stand. When we saw how well it looked she'd finished  it we were amazed. As we looked at all the treasures she had made we just knew she'd have a fabulous fair.We helped with bits of advice where we could and tried to calm her when we saw panic starting. There's nothing like  'In at the deep end' by doing Kensington - one of the worlds largest dolls house shows -  for a first show!!! Friday we went into London very early to beat the dreaded congestion charge, then off to the Hall again to finish set up.  Once we were ready I began my much enjoyed walkabout. I  am always looking for new things to offer on my website. This time I bought lots of wonderful real silver miniatures. Just a selection shown below.





I am so pleased with these. The photos  don't really do them justice. Not a set, just shown on the tray are a delightful cake basket and detailed ewer/jug.

A customer has been wanting a nice champagne bottle for ages. I found this one for her. I know she'll be happy with it. She already has fabulous champagne glasses so this will complete her set.




I have known and bought from Angela and Laurence St Leger  for over 20 years and love their detailed work. Here are some of the items I got from them this weekend.  Long handled Tilt  dustpan and brush and fabulous brass pan and brush. And look at the tiny tortoiseshell (substitute) hall brushes on brass stand. Exquisite!!


                                      


I am a real enthusiast of miniature shops and have   xxxxxxx of them in my collection (daren't tell you the number!). So it follows that the shop accessory section on my site will be one of the biggest.
Even so I had  to have more new ones at the weekend didn't I!!??

                                     

Will be getting all the new items on line as soon as possible.

And finally........did I find any wedding cakes (as in previous posts). No........so the hunt continues!!!!

9 comments:

  1. Hi Doreen,

    It was so wonderful to meet you too! :o)) I'm sorry I didn't get to meet Bob too! I went passed his stand so many times, but it was packed, and earlier I found myself at another stand (with a similar name) thinking it was his! do'h! lol

    I didn't realise that customers asked you to look out for certain items, I will have to bear that in mind. I will keep a look out for your KDF buys on your fabulous website!

    Michelle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Doreen , I have the same cake basket (bought it at Simp). Isn't it the sweetest thing? I love it. And I love your candelabra, they are fabolous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Silver Doreen. Glad to hear you had a good fair. Thanks for looking after Nikki..xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle - the mistake with the two business you made is a common one. We often get people asking for more of 'their' work, they are actually good friends of ours and we all laugh about it. It was Janet from Country Treasures who started Bob off on making miniatures when he had to change career after serious illness! Bob's trading name HAD to include the word Country as he is such a fan of that kind of music. If you had managed to talk to him, I am sure you'd have had to have his CD!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Doreen I had a lovely time looking over your stand at all your goodies. This time I only bought a couple of bookcases cos I had to stick to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Doreen ,lovely to see you at the weekend :0)
    The stand next to mine "Pride of Plaice" had a lot of lovely wedding cakes, you should check them out ,
    julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janice - you should have said who you were! A couple of customers bought two bookcases so still not sure which is you!! Hope they fitted your need.
    Julie - thanks for the info - will check them out, but don't see them that often.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Doreen. Thank you for all your help before and during the show. I couldnt have done it without yours and Bobs help and generosity. It all came good in the end.
    Hope you have rested now after the three days. Its tiring isnt it.
    I have arrived home to blocked pipes and so have no water at the moment. Should be fixed by this evening hopefully. My kitchen has been ripped aprt too so in a right mess.
    Lots of love, Nikki xxx

    ReplyDelete